Thursday, November 29, 2012

I Must Be Nuts

Since it's My Dear Papa's birthday, I decided to make a nice birthday dinner for him.  I'm a little out of practice -- the last time I made him a birthday cake, it was a lemon cake that involved both a cake mix and a pudding mix.  (Yes, that's a distant and not so seemly part of my culinary past.  Let's move on, shall we?)

The meal itself was simple: a chicken dish of Mom's, a simple salad, and freshly-baked biscuits.  I even lucked out and was able to pick up a piece of a sumptuous lemon pound cake at the market.

But I found something at the market this week that made me think a special appetizer was in order:

One of my favorite produce farms brought in pints of locally-grown peanuts, each box containing instructions on how to roast these classic snacks.  So I did.

Dad and I snacked on warm fresh roasted peanuts and sips of our favorite local Octoberfest beer before the meal really got going.  And we did it without having to head out to the pub!

The things I do for family...


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home