Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's Bean a Good Harvest

Many things about the garden have frustrated me this year, thanks to the oddball weather we've had.  But the two varieties of shell beans I planted have given me good returns.

I finished harvesting the Saturday Night Special beans (like smaller navy or cannellini beans) a couple of weeks ago and finished shelling them last evening.  As you can see, I ended up with a quart of beans for me and a pint for the Contradance Callers as thanks for letting me use their garden space.

The Vermont Cranberry beans are still in the garden as they were planted later, but you can see the first of that harvest drying on the plate.  Such a beautiful color and design!

I will definitely have plenty of dry beans for winter...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home