Saturday, May 05, 2012

Sunny Day

I'm still in the process of creating new breads for the market.  I've had several ideas this spring, but since I wanted to spread them out over the weeks -- too many new items on the shelves can really confuse even the most loyal customers -- I'm only now getting back to the test phase.

But since the Renaissance Man finished up the sundial at the market this week, I wanted to have a special bread for the celebration:


Meet my new sun bread, made with whole wheat flour, sunflower seeds, sunflower oil, and a dash of lemon verbena syrup (along with other usual bread ingredients).  The flavor is hearty but mild and nutty, and I love how the slashes on top make it look like the sun's rays.

More ideas to come!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home