Saturday, July 10, 2010

To Peach His Own

Since I have plenty of food from the OEFFA Male's farm this week, I didn't need to buy much at either the downtown market or Local Roots this weekend, aside from restocking on baking ingredients.

But sometimes a little splurge happens:


A new member brought these wee little peaches -- slightly larger than golf balls -- to Local Roots to sell this weekend at an utterly extravagant $2.25/quart. (Yes, I'm being facetious.) How could I resist?

So I picked up a quart yesterday and shared a couple with My Wonderful Parents -- and when I returned to Local Roots this morning, I discovered the peaches had been restocked, so I splurged on yet another quart.

I'm not sure yet if I will attempt to bake something luscious with these beauties or if I will simply eat them straight up (or with ice cream).

But I'm sure going to enjoy them!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/12/2010 5:08 PM, Anonymous Kelly said...

got my first peaches at our market this week, too... only one vendor had them, and they were $5 a quart, which did feel extravagant to me, but they're oh, so delicious smushed up in a glass of icy Pinot Grigio and sparkling water. Bartles & James have nothing on me!

 
At 7/12/2010 5:13 PM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

I don't know how we got so lucky to have such sweet and inexpensive peaches, but I am not complaining! I like your recipe -- might have to give it a try, but with Riesling. And maybe a smidgen of mint?

Am also pondering a tart... stay tuned...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home