Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Take This Job and Chèvre It

I've been remiss in past months about posting links to my articles and book reviews over at The Ethicurean. Too many things going on!


But now that I have your attention, I will milk it for all it's worth!


The latest post is a long overdue report on my day at Lucky Penny Creamery in Kent. Though my hands-on cheese-making experience came later in the day (as we skimmed and bagged chèvre to drain), I enjoyed the tour of the creamery, asked lots of questions, and learned a lot more about goat milk, cheese-making, and business in general. Thanks to Abbe Turner for the invitation!

Other items recently published at The Ethicurean:

--A review of Homegrown Whole Grains
--An introduction to my life in farming (a tightened-up summary of the first two posts from my farming blog)
--A report on the Local Roots Market Grand Opening
--A review of the movie "PolyCultures" (a local documentary on the northeast Ohio food system)
--A report on Preserving Traditions and my visit to Ann Arbor this spring

I've got a couple more book reviews lined up to post there as well, but for now my reporting and such is taking a back seat to everyday work.

So take your time and enjoy these!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home