Monday, July 12, 2010

A Man's Peach Must Exceed His Grasp

With nearly two quarts of sweet little peaches in the refrigerator, I've been racking my brains and raiding my cookbooks for ideas for showcasing those luscious beauties.

This evening, I made the first heavenly attempt:


...a tart, using a whole wheat tart crust (as found in King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking), the remains of the almond filling used in Saturday's almond croissants, sliced peaches, and wildcrafted black raspberries.

Now that's a dessert worth reaching for!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7/12/2010 10:09 PM, Blogger TaraChristiane said...

What a show stopper! Now, if only my computer had smell-o-vision...

 
At 7/13/2010 6:32 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

The aroma wasn't very strong, but the taste was mighty. Especially with vanilla ice cream... mmmmmm!

I MAY -- not sure yet -- reprise this for market this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home