Saturday, June 26, 2010

Market Report: 6/26/2010

More things are coming into season at the farmers' market, but since I'm starting to get a full refrigerator just from produce from the farm and my own gardens, I'm not buying as much for myself.

I still shop at Local Roots for ingredients for next week's baking, though:

--lots of cheese! dill-cheddar and feta from Blue Jacket Dairy, more blue from Canal Junction, and cheddar from Ohio Farm Direct
--butter and milk from the local dairy
--zucchini for next week's vegetable rolls

I made a quick run through the outdoor market this morning and bought spinach from The Heirloom Farmer and parsley from The Cheerful Lady -- both for drying for winter cooking or baking. And I enjoyed a warm pretzel roll from The Photographer and a slice of mocha spice cake from the Bread Pimp (both from Local Roots) as well.

Now -- to do something with all of that!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home