Thursday, June 03, 2010

Bin Busy

Yes, the days have been moving swiftly around here, with plenty of work to do. Three exhausting but satisfying days of farming blend smoothly into intensive baking sessions, followed by market drop-offs and total collapse.

It's really a pretty good life, all things considered.

And everything is picking up, both as the season progresses and as I learn more.


In the kitchen, I've found that with the quantity of baking I do weekly, I needed to move beyond picking up 10-lb bags of flour at the local bulk food store every other week or so. This past week The Photographer and I placed a major bulk order with Le Boulanger (a French artisan baker I met at a Lehman's demo), and we picked up our 1/2 ton of flour on Sunday.

Though The Photographer cheerfully offered to store some of my surplus flour, I also went out and got several of these square-bottomed buckets with lids for better storage at home. Monday morning I unloaded a portion of my order into these buckets, labeled them, and lined them up on the new shelving unit.

And by the time I hit a break in my baking today, I had emptied one bucket and was making a significant dent in two more. This is serious baking, and it will only become more so.

As you can see, I've been busy...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home