Friday, June 04, 2010

Berry Satisfying


The small strawberry patch I put in this year (courtesy of My Spiral Friend and her berry "babies") actually has produced a few ripe berries over the past couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, the slug invasion of 2010 meant that I've gotten to savor almost none of the sweet fruit as they've devastated the berries before they even reached full redness.

Last night, though, I scored one beautiful little berry. Yes, it had a small hole in it, and yes, a slug was still clinging to it. But most of it was still in good shape, and I claimed it all for myself.

As soon as I took this photo, the berry disappeared. It's in a better place now.

And how sweet it is!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6/05/2010 6:10 AM, Blogger TaraChristiane said...

So glad the berries are thriving and that you actually got to EAT one! Hope those pesky slugs find something else to munch on soon.

 
At 6/05/2010 9:11 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

Amen to that! But I hope they don't decide to eat anything else I like!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home