Monday, April 19, 2010

Sprout in the Garden

I haven't done a whole lot in the garden of late, save for transplanting strawberry "babies" from My Spiral Friend, but what I planted earlier is starting to show:


The ever-faithful fava beans are making a good start along the house foundation. Pretty soon I'll have to set up a trellis for them! (The peas, not shown but to the right, are coming along nicely, too.)


The first greens, an Asian green called hon tsai tai, are starting to poke their wee little leaves through the straw mulch, too. I see stir-fry in my distant future...

The herbs are bouncing back daily, with peppermint and lemon balm begging to be picked and sage greening up beautifully.

I'm hungry!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4/22/2010 1:33 PM, Blogger Jennifer Hugon said...

Oh how I love the little sprouts! I can't wait to get back to my baby cilantros poking their little leaves out of the ground. :)

Mmmm lemon balm...

 
At 4/22/2010 1:46 PM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

Happy days, to have fresh herbs again! Looking forward to planting with you SOON, Jen! :-)

 
At 4/29/2010 2:54 PM, Blogger TaraChristiane said...

Hope the babies are doing well! (And you know where to find more if you need them...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home