Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Frittering My Time Away

You know how I can tell that spring is really here?


The stinging nettles are growing like crazy!

I found this bumper crop at the fabulous Jen's place on Saturday, and she graciously found me a bag so that I could start picking. Mmmmmm, fresh greens, gotta love them!

And while the title of this post would have you think I've been sitting around doing nothing, I've actually been very busy at various gardens and farms since then. Lucky for me, I wrote myself a note to make nettle fritters for dinner tonight.


I came home from the OEFFA Male's farm all hot, tired, sore, sunburned, and ready to collapse, so you wouldn't think that cooking would be my first impulse. But once I read my note, I realized that I could have a tasty and filling meal with very little effort. And here it is!

I've also laid out several more nettle tips to dry for tea, so the 2010 food preservation season is officially underway.

Now maybe I can relax... for about five minutes...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4/07/2010 7:12 AM, Blogger Jennifer Hugon said...

Mmmm those fritters look delicious! I'm glad you are enjoying the nettles... I'm learning something new every day! ;)

 
At 4/07/2010 7:27 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

You and me both, Jen! And ain't it great? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home