Independence Days #48
Another busy week! so it's time for another action-packed Independence Days update:
1. Plant something: Started seeds for more pac choi, radishes, beets, lettuce, kale, basil at the OEFFA Male's farm; planted fingerling potatoes there, too.
2. Harvest something: Peppermint and spearmint from the Renaissance Man's garden.
3. Preserve something: Dried tarragon; started drying peppermint and tarragon.
4. Reduce waste (Waste not): Saved cheese rinds to add to soup; saved bread heels and bits for crumbs.
5. Preparation and storage (Want not): Found new contact for local wheat and spelt; restocked on butter for baking; made list of other items needed to restock for baking.
6. Build local food systems: Did a cooking demo at the market on wild edibles, shared recipes; shared extra bread with the fabulous Jen and donated some; signed up for another cooking demo; worked two days at the OEFFA Male's farm; sent out press release for Local Roots Grand Opening; attended meeting to flesh out details for Grand Opening; baked for market.
7. Eat the food: Leftover bread spread with chèvre; French toast from leftover bread; asparagus-scallion quiche; rhubarb crunch; chard-chèvre pizza; hash browns with chard, cheddar, and egg; homemade grape juice.
Sorry this isn't more exciting -- playing catch-up!