Saturday, March 13, 2010

Market Report: 3/13/10

I spent the entire market day at Local Roots today, manning the gardening workshop registration table, so I'm a little exhausted now. But here's what I picked up today -- most from the online order system but with a few extra items from the market floor:


--spinach and carrots from The Winter Harvesters
--salad mix from The Salesman Farmer
--half a dozen each of The Photographer's fantastic pretzel rolls and cheese rolls
--a bag of fresh cilantro from the Amish Farmers
--a tub of lemon quark (a kind of soft cheese) from Blue Jacket Dairy
--a small tub of chèvre from Lucky Penny Creamery
--two small jars of wine-laced artisan jellies

I also ended up with a small bag of goat compost from a friend, a clean pie plate returned by My Dear Papa, magazines from a fellow writer, and my usual cup of coffee.

By the end of the day, most of my bread loaves had sold out -- I only had one cinnamon spiral loaf and three baguettes to take home -- though my bakery items (sunshine cookies and baklava) did not do as well, surprisingly.

So who knows what next week will bring?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home