Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow News Is Good News?

Hate to sound like a broken record here, but guess what? Yep, it's snowing again.

While I'm not as "over" snow as some people around here, I find that it's causing me to slip into hibernation mode. Watching those big fluffy flakes drift down outside my window make me want a pot of tea, a blanket, some cookies, and a book -- and not the work I'm supposed to be doing.


I have, of course, been working hard, when my brain hasn't been addled by snow-watching. I baked 20 loaves of bread last Thursday for the Saturday market, I made soup all week long, and I posted yet another article to The Ethicurean. (I've been busy on that front, publishing a book review on food security and a Local Roots update, as well as a paean to winter soups.)

I haven't done much for an Independence Days update, so I'll hold off on that for a week, but I have been working on articles and ideas for more articles, and my farming days are getting a little closer, too.


I "ran away" this past weekend to attend the annual Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) conference in Granville. I picked up lots of good information and handouts, made some new contacts, ate delicious meals, and limited myself to just one book from this lengthy table. I'm still digesting everything I learned, of course, but it was an enjoyable and invigorating experience.

Now that the snow is moving in yet again, it's time to fire up the oven for this week's baking, beginning with the usual baklava.

And maybe then I can settle in for a brief winter's nap before moving on to breads...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home