Monday, January 25, 2010

Mess Duty

You know you're jumping into the week way too fast when you screw up breakfast on a Monday morning.

I had a hankering for buckwheat pancakes, you see, since I hadn't made them for a while. So I whipped up the batter and spread some into a hot waiting skillet. I poured a little too much onto the pan, and apparently the skillet wasn't hot enough, because the pancake needed to cook longer than I thought. And when I went to flip it...


...it all fell apart, folding back over on itself, bits sliding off the edge, etc. In short, I ended up with scrambled pancake for breakfast.

Well, it still tasted good, especially with some local grade B maple syrup.

Messy... but good!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/30/2010 10:41 AM, OpenID movinginspirals said...

Your blog stopped coming through my feed for some reason...
Anyway, it's nice to be able to laugh at mistakes; even better that this one was still edible. Thanks for keeping it real and posting this. It's good to know that experienced chefs have boo boos too.

 
At 1/30/2010 4:37 PM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

Well, this picture was more entertaining than one of the two loaves of maple-oatmeal bread that didn't rise (water was too cold for the yeast, I think)... there are definitely behind-the-scenes boo boos galore around here, especially when I'm rushing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home