Saturday, November 28, 2009

Market Report: 11/28/09

My goodness, it's after Thanksgiving, and we still have a farmers' market going here in town! I love it!


The day started off with frost and a serious chill in the air as I loaded up my baked goods. I think I did better at arranging my table this week, with the breads (two new varieties plus herb rolls) anchoring one end of the display. I also set out more samples, which seemed to help a little.

Traffic was a little slow -- not surprising, since we didn't have our full complement of producers and many customers were likely out of town visiting families. I didn't sell nearly as much as last week, and the market total didn't reach last week's high, either -- but overall, sales are pretty good for the end of the first month.


Of course, I spent plenty myself:

--broccoli from the Amish Farmer
--beets from the Muddy Farmer
--lettuce mix (yes, lettuce!) and grape jam from the Cheerful Lady, who also gave me some other greens at the end of the day
--honey and pecans in honey from the Honey Lady
--rosemary and crackers from the Spelt Baker
--another gift item from the fabulous Jen
--skeins of beautiful soft alpaca yarn from the Dulcimer Dame (she made me an offer I couldn't refuse!)

As a pleasant surprise, I found I wasn't quite as tired at the end of the market day as I had been last week. Whether that's due to having the past two days off, or to not being at the market the past three nights in a row, or to getting used to the work, I'm not sure -- but I am definitely not complaining!

Next week is likely to be another busy market, so I'll be sure to get some rest before then!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11/30/2009 6:19 PM, Anonymous Jasmine said...

so you are still knitting, are you? That is great. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

 
At 11/30/2009 7:18 PM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

Well, I haven't actually picked up needles in months but want to get back into it this winter. Would like to knit a couple of hats next...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, too, Jasmine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home