Saturday, November 14, 2009

Market Report: 11/14/09

First of all, can I just tell you how much I love being able to continue writing Market Reports into November? Thank you, Local Roots!

Second, could we have had a better day? The fabulous Jen and I broke away from the market mid-morning to run around town dropping off flyers for next week's holiday market, and I found myself roasting from the foolish apparel of a coat over a sweater and a turtleneck -- when the temperatures decided to rise into the 60s and even 70s! Sunshine, blue skies, the works! Wow!

Third, there is still so much delightfully appealing and great-tasting produce to be found. Just look!


--spicy radish pods and mixed Asian greens (plus a recipe for a curry stir-fry of said greens) from The Salesman Farmer
--broccoli and Hakurei turnips (tiny turnips with tender greens) from the Winter Harvesters (fans of Eliot Coleman)
--rosemary, Brussels sprouts, fresh dill (!), and crackers from the Spelt Baker
--popcorn and pumpkin pie fudge from the Corn Queen
--celery root from the Fiddlin' Farmer
--house bread from Broken Rocks Bakery (a new producer!)

And there was so much more to tempt me!

I am definitely getting used to this...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home