Independence Days #26
Yes, it's been another busy week with not a whole lot of movement on the home front. November is going to be a hoppin' time down at Local Roots, so I'm likely not going to be able to do much on the Independence Days challenge.
But I'll keep trying!
1. Plant something: Nothing.
2. Harvest something: Nothing.
3. Preserve something: Nothing.
4. Reduce waste (Waste not): Wish I could say I had done better, but a couple of things from the refrigerator ended up in the compost.
5. Preparation and storage (Want not): Picked up my whole grain order and got the grains transferred to lidded plastic buckets; stocked up on more ingredients for holiday baking (esp. baklava).
6. Build local food systems: Worked during the entire Local Roots open house; continued getting the word out about Local Roots events.
7. Eat the food: Cauliflower gratin; apples; popcorn; mulled cider; cheese grits; Bangkok noodles; broccoli pizza.
Like I said, a quiet week... at least at home. I've got a lot of catching up to do, and as they say, "the hurrieder I go, the behinder I get."
Maybe next week? Oh, wait...
Labels: Independence Days