Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oh, Say, Can You CSA? 2009 Week 17

Things picked up in a big way again this week.

First, after a relaxing weekend at the Farm, the Renaissance Man and I returned Sunday and headed straight to the fairgrounds for the county fair. We returned there Monday night for more wandering, so by Tuesday I needed a breather.

Tonight, not only did we have our usual Local Roots steering committee meeting, but the Marketing Nerds had a meeting before the meeting with a college student who has offered to develop a marketing plan for us and help keep us on track.

That meant that my after-work schedule was going to be tight, so I called My Wonderful Parents and asked them to head up for our CSA pickup without me this week.

They willingly agreed, and by the time I got home, they were waiting for me with this week's share:


--one bunch beets (for them)
--one bunch leeks (for them)
--two sweet onions (for them)
--two bulbs garlic (for me)
--two pounds summer squash (split)
--one bag green beans (for me)
--one pint tomatillos (mostly for me)
--one bunch cilantro (always for me)
--one bunch arugula (for them)
--one bunch turnips (split)
--two pounds tomatoes (split)
--one pint cherry tomatoes (for them)
--two pounds peppers, sweet or hot (split)
--and my half-dozen eggs

Yes, I definitely thought they should get the lion's share this week for their willingness to deliver produce to me!

I'm thinking I'll need to pick up extra tomatoes at the market this weekend since all the tomatillos, hot peppers, and cilantro I have laying around are just begging me to make salsa. I'd better do something!

I'm not going to get a rest yet...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home