Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oh, Say, Can You CSA? 2009 Week 14

Another Wednesday, another CSA pickup to enjoy!

Today the Gentleman Farmer made a rare appearance, coming home early from work to help get ready for the pickup as well as to host a local county official who wanted to do some videotaping at the farm. Happily, this meant that while the Lady Bountiful got ready for CSA members, he set out a full share, just waiting for me to take a photo.


So I did. And doesn't that look like a scrumptious assortment of fresh fruit and vegetables?

--one cantaloupe (for my folks, alas)
--two sweet onions (split)
--two garlic bulbs (mine)
--one quart Red Pontiac potatoes (mine)
--two pounds zucchini (split)
--one pint tomatillos (for my folks)
--one bunch broccoli (mine mine mine!)
--1 1/2 pounds green and wax beans (for my folks)
--one pound Red Cordran carrots (for my folks)
--one bag lettuce (mine)
--one bunch cilantro (mine)
--one bunch Swiss chard (for my folks)
--four pounds tomatoes (mostly for my folks)
--one pint cherry tomatoes (split)
--two pounds peppers (mostly for my folks)
--my half dozen eggs (not shown)

I also bought an extra peck -- over ten pounds! -- of tomatoes for canning as I have the urge to put up some pizza sauce before the dreaded scourge of late blight threatens local crops. (It's getting closer...)

I did not notice until after we had left that the Lady offered (on our pickup sheets) to let us harvest our own basil, picking as much as we'd like. But perhaps it's as well -- I'm not sure I'd have time to make pesto before the leaves turned black.

Besides, I have plenty of good food to enjoy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home