Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oh, Say, Can You CSA? 2009 Week 13

Another exhausting work week is well underway, but at least the highlight of the middle of the week is our weekly CSA pickup!

And as always, the Lady Bountiful had a gorgeous variety of fresh food for us:


--two sweet onions (split)
--one large garlic bulb (mine)
--one quart Rose Finn Apple fingerling potatoes (mine)
--1 1/2 lbs zucchini (split)
--one pint tomatillos (mine)
--one pint Fairy Tale eggplant (mine)
--1 1/2 lbs green and wax beans (for the folks)
--one bag lettuce (mine)
--one pound elderberries (for the folks)
--one bunch beets (for the folks)
--four pounds big beef or heirloom tomatoes (split)
--one pint cherry tomatoes (mine)
--two pounds mixed peppers (sweet and hot; split, and I took a purple sweet, a Hungarian yellow wax, a poblano, and four purple cayennes)
--my usual half dozen eggs

I also requested (ahead of time) an extra bag of elderberries. I knew My Dear Papa would want an elderberry pie, but I also wanted some berries for making a medicinal cordial or syrup, so I bought mine separately.

And now I don't think I have to worry about not having enough to eat for a while!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home