Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Oh, Say, Can You CSA? 2009 Week 11

Such a beautiful sunny day we've had today -- unlike so many of our gray, damp CSA pickup days.

And I had no chance to enjoy it because I developed a nagging migraine at work this morning.

So I headed home to rest, and I sent My Wonderful Parents off to pick up our produce.

They returned with all kinds of goodies to share:


--one bunch leeks (split)
--two sweet onions (for them)
--one quart Red Pontiac potatoes (for them)
--1 1/2 pounds zucchini (split)
--one pound cucumbers (for them)
--one pound sweet peppers (green for them, purple for me)
--hot peppers (I got one jalapeno)
--two pounds Big Beef and heirloom tomatoes (for them)
--one bunch Swiss chard (mine)
--one bag lettuce (mine)
--two medium garlic (mine)
--one pound green and yellow beans (for them)
--one bunch beets (for them)
--my half dozen eggs

I still have plenty left over from the farmers' market -- and I'm certainly in no shape to do much cooking tonight -- so I decided they should enjoy the bulk of the week's offerings.

As for next week -- who knows?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home