Saturday, August 29, 2009

Market Report 8/29/09

Though I had hoped to spend time at the Farm this weekend with the Renaissance Man, circumstances dictated that he leave early, before I was able to head off with him.

But no matter. That gave me time to have a leisurely stroll down to the farmers' market, to talk with the farmers, and to fill my bags with goodies.


--kale and broccoli from the Fiddlin' Farmer
--ground cherries, cucumbers, and cookies from Handyman Joe
--carrots and celery from the Spelt Baker
--cantaloupe and cherry tomatoes from the Lady Bountiful
--cherry oat cookies from The Culinary Artist
--boursin cheese and sun-dried tomato spread from the Experienced Market Farmer (a new producer at Local Roots)
--red peppers from the Newbies
--eggplants and a ground cherry streusel muffin from the Cauliflower Queen
--Mollie apples from the Orchardist
--edamame and another eggplant from the lady with the unusual vegetable varieties

I followed that with a visit to the Hungarian pastry shop for cappuccino, a couple of thin cookies, and a meeting with Jen, our wonderful graphic designer at Local Roots, to talk about marketing for the market and to brainstorm some ideas for upcoming events. We had a fruitful discussion -- as well as an inspiring personal conversation -- and gave me a boost of enthusiasm for moving ahead on projects.

My Wonderful Parents picked me up and delivered me to my doorstop so that I was able to return their pots with many thanks, and then they left me to get started on my food preservation projects for the weekend.

So... I'd better get started!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home