Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh, Say, Can You CSA? 2009 Week 9

The clouds gathered as my work day wrapped up today, and as My Dear Papa says, "If it's time for CSA pickup, it's time for the rain to start!"

It started out that way this year, at least, despite the sunny days of the past couple of weeks. But since we haven't had any significant rain in a couple of weeks, I found myself actually cheering the dark clouds on, hoping for a good soaking.

Raindrops merely spattered the windshield on the way to the farm, though, as we headed north for our produce pick-up date.


The Lady Bountiful had another colorful array of produce for us today:

--one Dynamo cabbage (for the folks)
--one Candy onion and one Superstar onion (split)
--one quart Kennebec potatoes (mine)
--one elephant garlic (for the folks)
--one regular garlic (for me)
--1 1/2 pounds zucchini (for the folks; I picked plenty from the garden last night)
--one pint summer squash (mostly for the folks)
--one Cheddar cauliflower (mine)
--one bunch Bright Lights Swiss chard (for me)
--four hot peppers (jalapeno, poblano, Hungarian yellow wax; mostly for me)
--two Early Girl tomatoes (mine)
--one bunch beets (for the folks)
--my half-dozen eggs

Oh, what fun I'll have cooking this weekend!

Especially if it rains a little more... (c'mon, you can do it...)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7/23/2009 10:03 AM, OpenID movinginspirals said...

What a weird weather summer this has been – although I am a bit more comfortable in the cooler temps.
We chose the Cheddar Cauliflower as well. What a beautiful color. I hope it will stay as vibrant during cooking.

 
At 7/23/2009 10:06 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

I'm more comfortable in the cooler weather, too, Spiral Friend :-) but I am certainly taking note of what it means for what's growing. Nice that a few peppers and tomatoes are ready, but I wonder if the bulk of them won't ripen for a while yet?

Wasn't that a gorgeous cauliflower? I just wanted to chomp down on it as soon as I saw it. I'm thinking of pulling out her roasted potato recipe from last year and using the cauliflower with the Kennebecs for a side dish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home