Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oh, Say, Can You CSA? 2009, Week 4

Would you believe we've had rain four weeks in a row on our CSA pickup day? Today's showers were particularly potent, if intermittent, but they still failed to dampen our enthusiasm for the journey and the food.


Though there's still plenty of early produce coming on, each week we're finding new things to enjoy. This week's selection included:

--one bag mixed lettuce (for me)
--one bundle of kale (for my folks)
--one bundle of baby bok choy (for me)
--one bag of garlic scapes (for me)
--a dozen carrots (split)
--one bundle of radishes (for my folks)
--two quarts strawberries (split)
--one small bag of snap peas (for my folks)
--my half-dozen egg share

The Lady Bountiful indicated that the greens are starting to bolt, so I expect we'll see a little less of those as more vegetables are harvested. And this may well be the last week of strawberries, so I will enjoy them while I can!

And next week, maybe it won't rain?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home