Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Oh, Say, Can You CSA? 2009, Week 2

Surprisingly, we had another drizzly and gray day for our CSA outing this week. The weather has cooled off a bit as more rain rolls through the area, but I won't complain too loudly as we really do need the moisture.

At least the weather didn't keep our CSA farmer from harvesting some beautiful produce!


Like last week, we picked up some good spring produce (and my wonderfully fresh eggs) along with some new items:

--one bag lettuce (for my folks; I'm still working on last week's!)
--one bunch radishes (mine!)
--one small bundle of rhubarb (for my folks)
--one quart of strawberries (for my folks, though it was tough to give them all away)
--one bunch of oregano (for my folks; I've just harvested and dried some)

I also picked up a couple pots of garden sage for a project down at the Farm (not my project, but it was the least I could do to help it along). With any luck, by this time next year, those sage plants will be about the size of the ones I planted last year -- bushes easily 16" in diameter!

I'm sure we'll start seeing some other produce in our weekly pickups soon -- the garden beds are greening up beautifully, and the Lady Bountiful told us about some thing that will be ready for harvest in the not-too-distant future.

There's always something to look forward to with our CSA share!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6/04/2009 9:48 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Our strawberries? Gone already! Boy, were they good...

 
At 6/04/2009 9:57 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

I can well believe it, Tara. Am definitely going to scoop some up next week for myself -- but then I'll need to buy a fair amount next weekend to make jam. YUM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home