Friday, September 05, 2008

Pop Goes the Okra

This year's CSA membership has been a marvelous experience for both My Wonderful Parents and myself, as I've noted many times before.

I have the pleasure of knowing that my folks are eating lots of good fresh produce at little cost to themselves (save for the cost of gas), and I've enjoyed the time we spend together in picking up and cooking with the produce.

But best of all has been seeing My Wonderful Parents revive some of their older traditions of putting food up for winter. Sure, they did a little of that even after giving me the canning equipment many years ago, but this year they're really making more of an effort.

And I just have to brag:


My Dear Papa decided to make pickled okra with the okra we've been getting from our CSA share. (I love fried okra, but I do draw the line at pickled. It's all his!) Four pints adorn his kitchen counter, and I thought you all needed to see it.

I'm proud of my pop!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9/07/2008 8:57 PM, Anonymous Janet said...

How can you not love pickled okra?!!!

 
At 9/08/2008 6:55 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

It just doesn't grab me, Janet. Ah well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home