Friday, September 05, 2008

I Love Local... A Whole Lunch!

When I get into a preservation groove, I don't make much time to cook meals and provide leftovers for my lunches at work.

On the other hand, sometimes what I put up for winter can make a pretty good little meal of small dishes, rather like a Spanish tapas.

So here's today's lunch:


--the rest of the Madras pickled eggplant that didn't fit into a jar for canning
--a few bites of kim chi
--unsweetened applesauce from last year
--bread topped with a puree of fresh tomatoes, basil, and garlic

Only the bread came from the store, and while the basil and garlic came from my CSA share, the tomatoes grew in my Victory Garden. It's almost as local as I can get, and it's certainly the best I can do right now with not having time to bake very often.

Now, if only I had sliced some of that home-grown watermelon for dessert...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home