Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fair Ways and Farm Days


Last week, I got so caught up the whirlwind every day that I forgot to mention my visits to the county fair.

Yes, visits, plural. I haven't done that in a while, but after accompanying the Renaissance Man to the fair Sunday evening for a wander around and the square dance at the show ring, I welcomed the chance to return with him Tuesday night as well.

And though I could tell you all about it here, I've already posted an article about our county fair adventures over at the Ethicurean. If you haven't been to a county fair this year, read up and get yourself ready for next year's fairs! (I might even consider entering some of the food preservation categories.)


Since I've had a little extra free time as my food preservation projects start to wind down, I managed to finish another article for the Ethicurean, this time reviewing the delightful documentary "The Real Dirt on Farmer John" and giving a loving shout-out to my favorite CSA farm.

Coming up soon, a local farm -- Malabar Farm, now a state park -- will be holding one of its annual farm days during the Ohio Heritage Festival on September 27 and 28. I'm hoping to get out there at some point myself to explore the place, and if you're in the neighborhood, you might stop in, too!

Right now, it's fair weather for festivals, so you might as well get out and enjoy it!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9/16/2008 9:16 PM, Blogger Aim said...

Ooh, I wish I was in ohio so I could go...Sounds like fun!

 
At 9/17/2008 7:04 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

Aim, you might want to check around your own county or state -- you're bound to find something similar! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home