Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Oh, Say, Can You CSA? Week 6

Each week, our CSA share seems to increase as more and more produce comes into season. What a treat!


This week, My Wonderful Parents and I picked up:

--four or five yellow summer squash
--three yellow zucchini
--a bunch of baby turnips
--half a dozen carrots
--two sweet onions
--three green garlic bulbs and one elephant garlic bulb
--a bunch of leaf lettuce
--a pint of snow peas
--a big bag of broccoli
--four kohlrabi
--a small bunch of Swiss chard
--a cucumber
--a pint of black raspberries

I let the folks take most of the produce as I'm still cleaning out the refrigerator, but I did snag the broccoli, the snow peas, some squash, and the black raspberries.

Next week I'll miss the CSA pickup, so My Wonderful Parents will get to enjoy all of next week's luscious produce. Lucky them!

And lucky me, that they take me to get it every other week!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7/09/2008 10:56 PM, Anonymous Janet said...

What a haul! I know you'll put that bounty to good use.

 
At 7/14/2008 2:29 PM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

Actually, my folks got the bulk of it -- I'm too busy vacationing to use it this time around! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home