Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jam-a-lot

As I've been working through my pantry this winter, I've been repeatedly astonished by the quantity and variety of jam jars I've had tucked away.


What was I thinking? I don't eat jam on toast regularly enough to warrant such a stash, even if I do love to preserve summer fruit in this way.

Happily, there are other ways to appreciate jam, and after many experiments, I finally published an article on using up the jam stash over at the Ethicurean. Readers have added other ideas, like swirling jam into a bowl of warm oatmeal, something I will have to try soon.

In the meantime, I've got a lot more jars to clean out...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3/31/2008 6:48 PM, Blogger valereee said...

Do you feel you've been thoroughly educated on The Evils Of Sugar?

 
At 3/31/2008 7:30 PM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

A tough question, valereee... if I say yes, I may learn more; if I say no, I... may learn more. Hmmmm.

 
At 3/31/2008 10:34 PM, Blogger Tina said...

I loved your strawberry-lavender-rose petal jam on pancakes...YUM! Also, I recently opened the jar of rose petal jelly I got during my visit to you last summer; also good on pancakes! AND, excellent stirred into Greek-style yogurt.

 
At 4/01/2008 7:05 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

I'm glad you've been enjoying them, Tina. I savored a little rose hip jelly in peppermint tea when I had a sore throat coming on, but I hadn't thought to swirl it into yogurt. And I'm holding back on the strawberry-lavender-rose petal... might not be for much longer, though!

 
At 4/03/2008 4:21 PM, Blogger valereee said...

I call your attention to comment 14.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home