Friday, January 04, 2008

This Site Accepts Cookies

Well, my Christmas baking might be done, and I may have given away almost all of the sweet stuff I made (with the exception of the last of the biscotti and the peppermint twists), but other folks are still churning out the goodies.


Dear Reader Tina, whose holiday baking is often delayed due to family visits at Christmas, sent off a selection of her cookies this week, and the box arrived today.

I always look forward to Tina's cookies: like me, she offers up a wide variety of flavors, and each one has its distinctive goodness to savor. Starting from the upper right of the photo and working clockwise, you'll find sugar cookies, oatmeal-peanut butter bars with chocolate frosting, lemon bars, cinnamon stars (better than even last year's!), chocolate mint cookies, candied ginger-cardamom bars (my favorite!), and candied orange and lemon peel in the middle.

I confess that when I opened the box, I opened each individually-labeled bag and sampled each kind of cookie... um, twice. Hey, what can I say? They're that good.

So thanks so much, Tina, for making my day and filling my belly with your delectable baking!

2 Comments:

At 1/05/2008 9:11 PM, Blogger Tina said...

*blushing* You're so very welcome; I'm glad you're enjoying them!

 
At 1/07/2008 3:48 PM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

Um... I think "enjoyed" would be the proper tense now, Tina. They WERE good! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home