Monday, December 10, 2007

It's a Giving...

Christmas is fast approaching, but for once in my life, I feel like I have the season under control in my little world. At least half of the baking is done, and I have been distributing the goodies widely:

--seven boxes sent out on Saturday morning
--a tin of baklava brought to work for the students
--bags of treats given to The Boss Man, She Who Brings Fresh Donuts, and The Archivist
--a delivery of St. Lucia buns to my former choir director, home recovering from a kidney transplant
--bags of sweets to give to the Innkeeper and the Bistro Chef when I meet them for lunch later this week

I still have more baking to do, of course, but not as much as I had thought since at this point I have just a few people left to feed. What a relief!

In the meantime, I've been thinking about some of the other homemade food-related gifts that I've given in the past, and I've put together an enticing list for you to enjoy over at the Ethicurean. Some can be made very quickly, while others might give you ideas for next year's giving season. And if anything, make a batch of those spiced pecans for yourself... I'm sorely tempted to make more just for me!

Bonnie's just put up the annual Holiday Gift Guide at the Ethicurean, and you can find other last-minute ideas there. (I'm with her, though... no more stuff, please!)

If you're feeling a little humbuggish, or you have a dark sense of humor and can laugh at the follies of Big Farma (as Elanor has dubbed it in her recent posts at the Ethicurean; a must read!), you might want to visit Growers and Grocers to check out "The Twelve Days of Agribusiness." (Gee, nothing about those dandy MRSA cases!)

But the best gift of all? Spending time with the people you love. So aside from the last baking I need to do over the next couple of weeks, I'll be making some time to visit with friends and family.

Hope you'll enjoy the season of giving, too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home