Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Dough Christmas Tree


It's Christmas! And like any child, I was up early today. Unlike them, though, I didn't have presents under the tree to pick up and shake... I had a chilly walk to the Inn to make breakfast for the guests.

Since My Fabulous Aunt and Uncle were among the guests, I had a special Christmas breakfast planned:


--wedges of fresh, juicy oranges arranged as stars, with fresh raspberries in the center and a drizzle of homemade honey-ginger syrup on top


--an egg-cheese-vegetable puff made with sauteed broccoli, carrots, and leeks; cheddar cheese; and a sprinkling of parsley
--sausage links


--and an overgrown cinnamon roll "Christmas tree" (yeah, I know, it's a very abstract sort of tree) made with local whole wheat flour, milk, egg, and honey

The meal received rave reviews from the guests (and the family), and they all enjoyed talking with each other and sharing the spirit of the holiday.

After I cleaned up in the kitchen (and made beds), I headed out with my aunt and uncle to my folks' place for Christmas presents and dinner. And since I'll have family in town for a couple more days, you may not hear from me until later this week.

So until then, Merry Christmas to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home