Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Raw Deal

It's still hot out. What gives?

I've got a fridge full of vegetables from the farmers' market, most of which I wanted to cook, but it's too darn hot to turn on the stove, let alone the oven.

So, what else can I do but follow the theme for this week's meals and have my vegetables cold, raw, and refreshing?

First, I washed and trimmed some green beans and tiny carrots and then tossed them with a very easy soy-sesame dressing, ending up with something akin to Uzbek carrot salad.

Then, I took some of the fresh tomatoes, a whole cucumber, garlic, parsley, olive oil, pepper, and even a drizzle of pomegranate molasses and blended them into a savory-sweet rendition of gazpacho, one of my favorite summertime meals.


When it's hot out, I have to have simple meals in small quantities. And this hit the spot very nicely.

I'm hoping for a break in the weather soon so that I can get back to some more serious cooking... and blogging.

In the meantime, hope the rest of you are keeping cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home