There's No Accounting for Taste
Okay, now that I've gotten that venting out of my system, it's time for the mood here to improve drastically. A friend posted a challenge to "get happy!" on his LiveJournal, so I'm going to step right up and accept that challenge, thank you very much!
Here's what's making me happy right now:
1. Coming home in the afternoons and flinging open my high windows to get that luscious warm breeze drifting through the loft... and then sitting on the windowseat to read and relax and just be.
2. The sudden emergence of sprouting vegetables in a pot I just seeded this weekend with mustard seeds and dinosaur kale seeds!
3. Having a little visit with easily the cheeriest coffee lady I know at the newest cafe on campus this morning.
4. Watching a number of seniors complete their theses by yesterday's deadline... and seeing the relief flood their faces. (I finally got around to making their cookies tonight... you know, the shortbread cookies that spell out their I.S. numbers.)
(This number is for you, Mr. Nice Guy, and I would have given it to you had you stuck around long enough to collect it.)
5. Knowing that the Chef Mother is feeling considerably better and should be able to leave the hospital soon (this is a different hospital stay than the one mentioned previously) to start her rehab.
6. Having friends support me in unexpected and greatly appreciated ways over the past week. Special thanks go to:
--the Innkeeper, for feeding me such a wonderful lunch last week;
--Mr. Nice Guy, for super sushi and peanut noodles;
--My Fabulous Aunt, for the usual packet of comics and much love and support;
--the Gentleman, for wickedly funny conversation;
--the Archivist, for her understanding ear;
--and especially to Andy, one of the classic Tech Gods, for helping me remember to count my blessings this week and to realize how many people (including those not listed here) have a positive impact on my life.
It's time to get happy, people! What are you thankful for and happy about?