Wednesday, November 22, 2006

'Tis the Season


You know Thanksgiving is around the corner if the Christmas lights are up around town! (I know, I know, it's backwards. What can I say?)

I'll be doing a fair bit of holiday cooking tomorrow as I plan to share the holiday meal with friends in town (and enjoy a bit of play time with my adorable "nephews" Beaker and Scooter), and I'm sure I'll have more to say about that later.

In the meantime, here are some good thoughts on the meaning of the Thanksgiving meal from favorite columnist Tom Philpott: "Reclaiming Thanksgiving." It's a meal that is meant to be shared in company, so enjoy!


And as Christmas draws near, I'll be wondering what's under that tree for me... a walnut torte? A box of kiflis?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and may your feasts, friends, and families be blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home