Thursday, November 16, 2006

Oh, For the Love of Food!

I'm still cleaning out the party leftovers from the fridge, so I don't have any new cooking to share with you. But since I'm in a cleaning-out mode, I'll clean out my Firefox bookmarks and share with you some new links I've come across recently.

First up, here's yet another delicious article by my favorite Grist writer, Tom Philpott: "Snob Appeal: Why everyone should be allowed to love food with unrestrained glee." I try not to be obsessed by food in a damaging, self-indulgent sort of way, but doggone it, if I need food for nourishment, I want it to be good, I want it to be locally produced as much as possible, and I want to savor it.

This new blog, A Vegan Ice Cream Paradise, recently was one of Blogger's top picks, and I have to say, it makes me pretty hungry to read it. While I'm not and may never be vegan, I applaud Agnes's efforts to keep everyone aware of the joys of soy!

For those of us who like to know more about the whys and wherefores of the foods we eat, food science writer Harold McGee now has a blog called News for Curious Cooks. So far he hasn't posted much, but I'm eager to learn more.

And finally, I stumbled across Bake or Break while doing a Google search for a certain kind of cookies, and this also looks like a tasty blog to watch, especially with holiday baking right around the corner.

Now, if that doesn't hold you until I get back in the kitchen...!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home