Monday, August 21, 2006

Having My Cake and Eating It, Too


Behold... the Chef Mother's legendary carrot cake.

Yes, it's that time of year again, when the anniversary of my birth brings my favorite cake, loaded with a full pound of carrots, plenty of rich spices and walnuts, and a luscious cream cheese frosting.

And though a long road trip and a recent surgery prevented the Chef Mother from making the cake herself, her foolproof recipe allowed My Fabulous Aunt to step into the breach and do the necessary baking for the day.

So if you see me with a contented smile over the next few days, you'll know why...

You can have your cake and eat it, too. (At least I can!)

2 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 4:02 PM, Blogger Tina said...

Happy Belated Birthday!:-) That cake sounds delicious, and carrot cake is one of my favorites! *drool*

 
At 8/25/2006 10:23 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

Thanks, Tina! I have tried many a carrot cake in this lifetime, and NOTHING beats the Chef Mother's recipe. NOTHING.

Bribe me, and I might share it. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home