Thursday, June 15, 2006

Makin' Guacamole

When warm weather comes, I like to make very easy dishes that require no powered appliances: salads of all sorts, sandwiches (hello, radishes!), and the like.

One of my favorite quick warm weather meals is guacamole on tortillas or with chips.

Though I used to have a slightly more complex recipe for guacamole that was very tasty, I've found that the fair Titania's extraordinarily easy and flavorful recipe is much better.

Thanks to her gracious teaching, I have been able to enjoy guacamole at home much more often than before, and I've served it to friends who raved about it. (The Gentleman, in particular, recently rhapsodized about it when I told him that's what I was having for dinner.) I've had friends ask for the recipe, but really, it's not that difficult to make!

Now, the other thing to know about Titania -- aside from her passionate, adventurous approach to food -- is that she loves to sing. And when she cooks, she likes to sing to her food. And because I have cooked with her so many times, I have picked up that habit on occasion.

So instead of a straightforward recipe for guacamole -- which you don't need, because it's so simple and the quantities are really to your own taste -- I'll give you a song. (Count your blessings that I'm not uploading a sound file of me singing it!)


Makin' Guacamole

Sung to the tune of "Makin' Whoopee." Serve with tortilla chips or toasted tortillas and share with someone who appreciates your style and sense of humor.

An avocado,
Some garlic, too,
Some fresh cilantro,
And fresh lime juice...
Mash it together
In any weather
For guacamole.


Yeah, I know, "don't quit your day job."

So don't forget, folks, that's what you get, folks...

...when you ask for a recipe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home