Monday, March 13, 2006

Nothin' But Truffle

When the Gentleman breezed into town back in January, we enjoyed lunch and coffee at My Favorite Coffee House.

Being a hard-core caffeine addict, the Gentleman commented how he hadn't yet found coffee as good as that in his new neighborhood, and he proceeded to get another refill.

A few weeks later, in the course of a phone conversation, he begged (very nicely, of course) me to send him some of the darkest, richest coffee beans ("as black as my soul") from the coffee house's offerings.

"And what are you willing to pay me for them?" I said nonchalantly.

"Um... I'll send you the money?" he offered uncertainly.

"I don't think so," I replied coolly. "If I'm going to go to all this effort for you, the least you could do is send me espresso truffles in return."

"All right," he readily agreed. (Such a pushover!)

I consulted the Bean Guy and sent the Gentleman a pound of dark, rich roasted beans along with a small bag of chocolate espresso beans (yeah, I'm a pushover, too), both of which pleased my friend very much.

Meanwhile, I waited.

Occasionally, when the Gentleman would call, I'd ask, "So... where are my truffles?" And he would promise to send them right away.

And I waited.

Finally, he informed me last week that while he was unable to get ONLY espresso truffles from his online source, he did pick out a nice assortment box, and it was on the way.

And I waited, until today -- at last! -- they arrived.


Ah yes, chocolate bliss, thanks to the Gentleman. He's a good guy.

Even if he is a handful of truffle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home