Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Perfect Pair

Perhaps there's something in the air, but I feel as though the universe is conspiring to make some inspiring matches lately.

And when I see a number of student friends bowed down by their senior projects.... and other friendly faces will be seen this weekend.... well, you know me, I get the urge to bake. And if what I bake results in another of those fabulous pairings... let's just say, I don't think I'm going to hear any complaints.

After gathering all the ingredients, I headed into the kitchen tonight to revisit my peanut butter brownie bar recipe... because, after all, chocolate and peanut butter is a winning combination that can relieve stress, put a smile on people's faces, or simply say, "Thank you for being you."

A moderately thick shortbread layer with local butter, organic peanut butter, Sucanat, and whole wheat flour adorned the bottom of the pan, followed by a fudgy filling of unsweetened chocolate, more local butter, local eggs, fragrant vanilla, more Sucanat, and more whole wheat flour. A scattering of crushed roasted peanuts added the final touch before I slid the pan into the oven and waited for the heavenly aroma to emerge.

What bliss!


Probably the majority of these delectable morsels will be given away, starting with a tin to share with the students in the morning. But I'm sure I'll keep a few for myself.

Wouldn't you?

1 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 3:44 PM, Blogger Tina said...

Mmmmmmmm....brownies!:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home