Sunday, December 25, 2005

Yule Love This

It's Christmas Day, and I have at last finished the holiday baking (started two months ago) with the last two loaves of julekage.

While it hasn't been two months' worth of non-stop baking, I am glad to reach a resting point. It has been delightful to deliver homemade treats and to hear my friends' rapturous sighs and generous compliments, but now I'm more than happy to rest on my laurels for a little while.

I'll be quite content this week to wake up to the prospect of a cup of good green tea, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, and a couple of slices, toasted, from this beautiful loaf:


And once I've fortified myself for the day, I'll spend some time playing with my new toy: a digital camera. That's right, Dear Readers, you will now be able to enjoy pictures along with delectable recipes and succulent descriptions, thanks to the generosity of a couple of very precious friends. Their Christmas gift to me thus becomes my gift to you, and I hope you'll enjoy my budding efforts at food photography in coming months.

I have a list of dishes I'd like to cook for myself over break, but so far I've had no motivation to begin any of them. Never fear, though –- when I do, I'll let you know (and see!) all about it.

But if you'll excuse me, I’m off to play. (Aren't you?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home