Monday, December 19, 2005

Sweet Relief

Six more days until Christmas.

The ginger-molasses cookies have all been distributed, along with the chai spice shortbread and the cranberry-orange biscotti.

The third and final batch of sunshine cookies was made on Saturday, and all but about half a dozen of them have been packed away in tins for local friends or imminent guests.

The last pan of baklava was baked yesterday afternoon, and after wrapping up pieces and adding them to the aforementioned tins (some of which came into work with me this morning for a few special colleagues), I have only seven pieces left. (I'd offer them to all of you, but I'm worried I might have forgotten someone.)

The egg nog is all gone. Whew! But what a blissful treat!

In short, all of the sweets I wanted to bake for Christmas are done and distributed, and I am keeping almost nothing for myself because my sweet tooth is pretty well done in. (Didn't take much this year, because I had on average two samples from each batch!)

Christmas breads are still to come, to be made just before my Christmas Day visits, but for now I can breathe easy.

Anyone want the rest of my cookies?

(NOTE: Lest you think me a hopeless case not worthy of anyone else's fabulous holiday baking, I must add that I am, in fact, eagerly anticipating a box from my Fabulous Aunt containing her legendary buckeyes, caramels, Russian teacakes, and other goodies... as well as my cookie swap box from Dear Reader Tina.

But I'm also happy to wait a few days to get said goodies!)

3 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 5:18 PM, Blogger Tina said...

Now that Christmas shopping is don, baking begins tomorrow!:-)

 
At 12/19/2005 5:19 PM, Blogger Tina said...

That should be "done". Oops!;-)

 
At 12/20/2005 8:27 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

So then your box will arrive in good time for me to be ready to enjoy it... yippee! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home