Thursday, October 27, 2005

Too Much of a Good Thing

As Mae West famously said, "Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!" And while there are times when I would agree wholeheartedly with her, there are also times when too much of a good thing can be... well, too much.

And right now, astonishingly enough, I am feeling that way about baking.

Why? Well, at last count my kitchen still contained:

--a number of buttery ginger-molasses cookies in a tin on the kitchen counter

--a jar full of pumpkin spice biscotti

--a smaller tin with the last of the chai biscotti on the kitchen table

--half a pan full of peanut butter brownie bars (baked Tuesday so that I could perfect the recipe... yum!)

--a second small loaf of my Fabulous Aunt's traditional pumpkin bread, loaded with dates and nuts, in the refrigerator

Whew. I'm not complaining, mind you, because it's all wonderful stuff. But really, I can only eat so much, and even with giving away cookies to friends and freezing bags of the ginger-molasses cookies for Christmas, I still have a lot left over.

I think I need help.

2 Comments:

At 10/29/2005 5:39 PM, Blogger curious servant said...

I wish I could be there to help out. But perhaps that is just as well. I'm trying to lose weight (18 pounds so far!)

 
At 11/01/2005 8:37 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

I appreciate the thought! But I did give some to other friends over the weekend and, alas, polished the rest of the cookies off myself.

Thankfully, biscotti will keep!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home