Monday, July 25, 2005

Feeling a Chill

Yesterday afternoon, having used up a fair amount of Saturday's market finds already, I turned my thoughts to the pint of organic blackberries.

What to do, what to do?

Truly, I was torn. Should I make a cobbler, since I've sort of been craving one? Should I make a small batch of jam?

Or, since the temperatures are creeping up again, should I make sorbet?

So I pulled out my trusty little food processor, pureed the berries with a little water and sugar and just a pinch of lavender from my garden, and poured them into a glass loaf pan that then went straight into the freezer. And a few hours later, I had a sweet (well, not too sweet), cold, refreshing dessert.

And just to add the icing on the cake... I drizzled a little dark chocolate sauce over the sorbet. Bliss!

Ninety-degree weather today? Bah! What do I care?

I'm going to chill out with some fresh sorbet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home