Friday, June 10, 2005

Sugar and Spice

I wasn't going to bake this weekend. Honest.

It's still toasty in the house, and the increased outside humidity should have persuaded me to keep the oven off.

But noooooooooooooooooo.

You see, during a brief discussion of holiday baked goods, the words "chai biscotti" captured my interest and fired my imagination. (Thanks, Tina... I look forward to the recipe!) Inspiration struck!

What if I used the spices I normally use in chai -- cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves -- and added them to a light, buttery shortbread? And what if the bite of ginger came from one of my favorite baking ingredients, mini bits of candied ginger?

Once I get such a delectable idea in my head, it's hard to hold me back. I knew I had to find out how this combination would taste.

It's good. And by "good" I mean fabulously melt-in-your-mouth "sugar and spice and all things nice."

This weekend, that's what this little girl is made of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home