Monday, March 14, 2005

The Reviews Are In

The last of my fabulously dark and decadent extreme chocolate brownies have finally been distributed, and the fans have spoken:

"I think this is the best brownie I've ever eaten." --one of my Opera-Loving Friends

"You are a genius, my friend. Pure culinary genius." --the incomparable Spicyflower

"You are eeeee-vil.... Mom wants to know, can you send more?" --the fair Titania

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM." --the lovely Phoenix

"Do NOT lose this recipe!" --My Favorite Barista

"It's eating chocolate ambrosia.... If you own that recipe, copyright it!" --an Appreciative Colleague

"I haven't told your uncle about these yet, and I might not!" --my Fabulous Aunt

Ahhhhh, yes. Music to my ears. And I'm not going to argue with any of the above comments... those were truly the most amazing morsels of chocolate bliss I've ever tasted or created.

Will I make them again? You'd better believe it. I just don't know when.

It's good to be da (Baklava) Queen.

3 Comments:

At 3/17/2005 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, no that's much better. I can actually post.

Hehe...you quoted me. Nice.
And I haven't told you, I think I have my triple threat chocolate cookie recipe down. And I even played with the chili powder a little. I think I would like to play with the cocoa a little, maybe try a dark. I couldn't find any before I made these.
But, yes, a year later after the birth of the idea I think I finally have it down.

 
At 3/17/2005 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I tell ya, the typos sneak up on me everytime. That was supposed to read:
Well, now that's much better.


Sigh...

 
At 3/22/2005 5:57 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

Congrats on perfecting the recipe! Though, of course, I do believe that all new recipes require inspection by the Food Quality Control Expert (oy, that's me!) so you will need to send a small shipment of these items for clearance before proceeding with your usual distribution of goodies.

Have you found some dark cocoa yet? I'm using some black cocoa found at a local bulk food store... though when that runs low, I'd like to check out the dark cocoas in the Baker's Catalogue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home