Tuesday, March 08, 2005

A Drinking Habit

Yes, it's true, I have a drinking habit. I usually get through a whole bottle of water each day. And some days? I even drink caffeinated beverages.

Last night I enjoyed a good cup of homemade hot chocolate made with vanilla soy milk, a yummy double chocolate organic hot cocoa mix, and my homemade chocolate mint liqueur. I admit, I wasn't sure how this would turn out as the liqueur has always walked a very fine line between being terrific and being more like mouthwash. Fortunately, the richness of the hot chocolate made the mint flavor less potent, so it was simply laced through with the freshness of mint from the garden. (Yes, I did still have to brush my teeth afterwards.)

This morning, after another wickedly early wake-up (and a quick PMS cocktail at home), I had a serious slam of caffeine down at the local coffee house as I sampled what is known as a chai charger: a tall glass of warm and spicy chai with a shot of espresso dropped into it. (That's what I get for telling My Favorite Barista to "surprise me!") I know, it sounds strange, mixing tea with coffee, but it was really quite good, and it sure as shootin' set my feet on the floor with a resounding thud. I'm awake! I'm awake!

But I am definitely going back to that bottle of water now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home