Friday, March 25, 2005

Couch Potato

I'm starting to feel a little more like myself again after That Flu... my energy is slowly building back up, my voice is gradually returning to its usual register, and I don't have the urge to hack up a lung every hour or so. Unfortunately, my taste buds are still off, so there are very few foods that truly appeal to me right now, which makes eating well to stay well a tricky proposition.

But there's one thing I'm really craving right now...

Potatoes.

(The lovely Phoenix and my Granola Girl can well imagine me singing the Potato Song at this point.)

When I got home from work yesterday, I proceeded to make a potato pancake as big as my face for a snack, topped with plain lowfat yogurt. Oh my goodness, I have never tasted anything so satisfying.

Potato chips, fried potato slices, baked potato... you name it, I want it. It's probably the only food that is keeping me going at this point.

Is it the Irish blood in me? Is it the lingering "couch potato" tendency after being wiped out for a week? Or is it because potatoes are probably the only food you truly could live on for extended periods of time? I don't know, and as long as I have potatoes in the house, I don't care.

Yes, I will have fries with that!

2 Comments:

At 3/29/2005 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what is funny, I also crave potatoes. More specifically, french fries.
But I also like baked potatoes with kosher salt when I am feeling ill.

The other thing I crave, glazed doughnuts.
I do hope you are feeling even better these days.

 
At 3/31/2005 7:05 AM, Blogger The Baklava Queen said...

I love baked potatoes... but I usually couldn't wait while I was sick this time. ;) I found I could make a pan of hash browns pretty darn quick, though!

Mmmmm... glazed doughnuts. I don't crave them quite as much as I used to, but sometimes it depends where they're coming from, too.

Thanks... I am feeling enormously better. Chalk that up to warm weather, a lovely raspberry soda, and veggie potstickers yesterday. Bliss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home